First Annual Artist Quick Draw
Sponsored by Cowgirl Artists of America
The first annual Quick Draw event will be held January 18th and 19th during Art of the Cowgirl 2023 at Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre.
We are excited to bring this component to our event to showcase 6-8 artists. All attendees at the event will be able to interact and see the artists in action as they complete their work throughout the day.
The artist’s pieces will be completed during the VIP Reception January 19th and then will be available for purchase through a silent auction open to all attendees at the event that will close January 22nd at noon.
Awards ceremony for artists will be held at 7pm during the VIP Reception January 19th.
Applications are now closed. Artists will be notified of acceptance by November 10th.
For more information, reach out to Cowgirl Artists of America. email@example.com
Artist Information Guide
- The 2023 Art of the Cowgirl event is hosting a quick draw event sponsored by Cowgirl Artists of America.
- Applications are open October 10th- October 31st.
- Artists chosen will be notified by November 10th.
- Artists chosen will be required to submit photos and bios for our online and print features by November 20th.
- Quick draw artists will work on their painting Wednesday January 18th during the main Art of the Cowgirl event; finishing up their work at the VIP event, Thursday, January 19, 2023.
- Awards for the Quick Draw event will be awarded during the VIP Reception January 19th. The winning artist will receive awards and minimum $1,000 cash prize.
- All artwork will then be sold via silent auction for the remainder of the event and the silent auction will close at January 22nd at noon. Commission split is 40/60, with 60% going to the artist.
- Artists chosen will receive two VIP passes to the Art of the Cowgirl Event Jan 18th-22nd.
Things to Consider
- Quick Draw Artists will be featured on Art of the Cowgirl and Cowgirl Artists of America Websites leading up to the event. Artists will also be featured in Art of the Cowgirl Event Program.
- Please consider the current market when you choose what to create and how it will be priced.
- Please help us make this event a success by telling your family, friends and collectors and by sharing on your social media pages!
- Artists receive a 60% commission on sold artwork. Checks will be mailed within two weeks after the event. The balance of the sale proceeds benefits Art of the Cowgirl Fellowship program, and Cowgirl Artists of America’s educational and promotional efforts.
- Signed Artist Agreement is required to participate.
- You are creating a finished piece of art. Artwork must have finished, wrapped edges or a frame.
- Please bring all packaging material to safely transport finished piece to send with the collector. (Keep in mind drying time for your paint and appropriate packaging.)
- Subject matter should be western in nature.
- Only one work per artist will be included in the auction. No additional works may be displayed or sold on site.
- Work must be completed by 7 PM on Thursday 1/19/23. Award ceremony begins at 7PM.
- One of the most appealing aspects of this event is its exposure of the artistic process to our visitors. Please arrive at Art of the Cowgirl event- at Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre on Wednesday, January 18th at 8 am to set up.
- Artists have the option of starting piece ahead of time to bring to the event, no more than 30% should be completed prior to the event.
(Subject to minor changes)
Wednesday, January 18th 2023
8:00 am – 9:00 am: Onsite check-in / set up of work
9:00 am -12:00 pm: Painting @ (location TBD).
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch break
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Painting @ (location TBD).
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Tear down
Thursday, January 19, 2023
8:00 am- 9:00 am: Setup
9:00 am – 11:00 am: Paint @ (location TBD)
11:00 am-12:00 pm: Move setup inside VIP Tent
12:00 pm-4:00 pm: Break
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Painting
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Finish Painting
7:00 pm: Awards Ceremony
Friday, January 20th- Sunday January 22nd at noon
Prizes in different categories