Second Annual Artist Quick Draw
Sponsored by Cowgirl Artists of America
The second annual Quick Draw event will be held January 17th and 18th during Art of the Cowgirl 2024 at Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre.
We are excited to bring this component to our event to showcase 6-8 artists. All attendees at the event will be able to interact and see the artists in action as they complete their work throughout the day.
The artist’s pieces will be completed during the VIP Dinner January 18th and then will be available for purchase through a silent auction open to all attendees at the event that will open January 19th and close January 21st at noon.
Awards ceremony for artists will be held at 7pm during the Cowgirl Fiesta January 18th.
We will be taking applications for artists to apply to be in the Quick Draw Event. Applications open August 12th and close October 31st, 2023. Artists will be notified of acceptance by November 10th.
For more information, reach out to Cowgirl Artists of America at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist Information Guide
- The 2024 Art of the Cowgirl event is hosting a quick draw event sponsored by Cowgirl Artists of America.
- Applications are open August 12th- October 31st at www.artofthecowgirl.com
- Artists chosen will be notified by November 10th.
- Artists chosen will be required to submit photos and bios for our online and print features by November 20th.
- Quick draw artists will work on their painting Wednesday January 17th during the main Art of the Cowgirl event; finishing up their work at the Cowgirl Fiesta, Thursday, January 18, 2024.
- Awards for the Quick Draw event will be awarded during the Cowgirl Fiesta January 18th. The winning artwork will be awarded a prize of $500 (all proceeds given to the artist).
- All Quick Draw artwork will be sold via silent auction for the remainder of the event and the silent auction will open January 19th and close on January 21st at noon. Commission split is 40/60, with 60% going to the artist.
- Artists chosen will receive two 5 day event passes and two Cowgirl Fiesta passes to the Art of the Cowgirl Event Jan 17th-21st.
Things to Consider
- Quick Draw Artists will be featured on Art of the Cowgirl and Cowgirl Artists of America Websites leading up to the event. Artists will also be featured in the Art of the Cowgirl Event Program.
- Please consider the current market when you choose what to create and how it will be priced.
- Please help us make this event a success by telling your family, friends and collectors and by sharing on your social media pages!
- Artists receive a 60% commission on sold artwork, except the winning artist who will receive an additional prize of $500 for their piece. Checks will be mailed within two weeks after the event. The balance of the sale proceeds benefits Art of the Cowgirl Fellowship program, and Cowgirl Artists of America’s educational and promotional efforts.
- Signed Artist Agreement is required to participate.
- You are creating a finished piece of art. Artwork must have finished, wrapped edges or a frame.
- Please bring all packaging material to safely transport finished piece to send with the collector. (Keep in mind drying time for your paint and appropriate packaging.)
- Subject matter should be western in nature.
- Only one work per artist will be included in the auction. No additional works may be displayed or sold on site.
- One of the most appealing aspects of this event is its exposure of the artistic process to our visitors. Please arrive at the Art of the Cowgirl event- at Horseshoe Park and Equestrian Centre on Wednesday, January 17th at 8 am to set up.
- Artists have the option of starting piece ahead of time to bring to the event, no more than 30% should be completed prior to the event.
(Subject to minor changes)
Wednesday, January 17th, 2024
8:00 am – 9:00 am: Onsite check-in / set up of work
9:00 am -12:00 pm: Painting
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch break
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Painting
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Tear down
Thursday, January 18, 2024
8:00 am- 9:00 am: Setup
9:00 am – 12:00 am: Painting
12:00 pm-3:00 pm: Break
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Painting and Framing
5:00 – 5:30: Move finished pieces to Cowgirl Fiesta Tent
7:00 pm: Awards Ceremony
Friday, January 19th- Sunday January 21st at noon